Facial skin has 2 main layers namely the epidermis (on the outside) and dermis (on the inside).The epidermis consists of 5 layers.
The epidermal cells undergo keratinization as they move from the bottom outward. Advanced moisturizers soften the outer layer of the epidermis. The bottom layer of the epidermis, the stratum basale, is nourished and moisturized by the dermis.
If the dermis is healthy and well taken care of, the epidermis will also appear healthy. Collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid are present in the dermis. Collagen is the single most abundant protein in the body.
The stimulation of hyaluronan is what makes Jeunesse unique! In general, 3 types of hyaluronic acid is used in anti-ageing skin care products namely long chain hyaluronic acid, short chain hyaluronic acid and injectable hyaluronic acid.
Long chain hyaluronic acid has moisturizing properties, but cannot penetrate the skin since its molecule is too big. It has no lasting results. Short chain hyaluronic acid has better moisturizing properties and some skin penetration but no lasting results. Administration of injectable hyaluronic acid is expensive and has to be done by a physician. It is also used locally and not over the whole facial area.
Jeunesse is unique!
Jeunesse incorporates a needle-free hyaluronan booster. This revolutionary active ingredient is imported from Switzerland. It penetrates deep into the skin where it stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid acts as a filler between spaces and has the ability to plump up the skin from within. This leads to enhanced facial contours and lasting results. Jeunesse is the only range available in South Africa which use this needle-free hyaluronan booster.
Daily Skin Care Routines
Cleansing the skin twice daily is important. In the morning it is necessary to cleanse the skin properly because our skin regenerates during the night and excretes waste products. The air around us is full of dust, soot and bacteria which accumulates on the skin.
Furthermore it is important to cleanse the skin at night to remove make-up, skin debris, dust, soot and bacteria as it prepares the skin to absorb all the nutrients and active ingredients supplied by the active products applied at night.
Cleansing consists of 3 steps:
- Remove make-up from the eyes and lips with Gentle Eye Make-up Remover (typically in the evenings).
- Remove dust, soot, bacteria and make-up from the rest of the facial area with Gentle Cleansing Crème (morning and evenings)
- A toner has the ability to remove the traces of cleanser left on the skin after inadequate rinsing.
Toning is probably the most important step in your rejuvenating skin care routine.
- Removes all traces of cleanser
- Removes traces of impurities
- Balances the pH of the skin
- Sanitises skin after cleansing
- Refines the texture of skin
- Prepares the skin for the next step in the skin care regime
Each product in the Jeunesse Premium Skin Care range is an anti-ageing product in itself, but we need extra care products to adhere to the everyday onslaughts of ageing factors. These are treatment products which should be used twice daily as an active treatment program for aged and ageing skin.
Daily active treatments consist of products which:
- Support the skin’s own defence system against the harmful effects of ultra-violet rays, free radicals and ageing. Remember that the effects of free radicals are only visible to the naked eye when advanced damage has already occurred.
- Energise skin ? aiding the energy production within the mitochondria in the cells of our skins.
- Improve oxygenation of our skin cells.
- Connective tissue: Stimulates the production of collagen, hyaluronan and various other connective tissues in order to improve and refine deep ageing lines, but also diminish fine lines.
- Prevention is better than cure but you now have treatments to visibly improve ageing. The combination to dry skin types are ageing skin types. Jeunesse is designed to improve and prevent all signs of ageing.
4. Moisturise and Nourish
Daily moisturizing and nourishing of the skin is necessary.
The dry skin type is dry because of inadequate production of lipids and therefore has a predisposition towards the development of fine and deep lines, sagging skin, premature ageing and dehydration. Moisturisers of Jeunesse Skin Care include ingredients which prevent trans epidermal water loss and therefore prevents dehydration. Typical symptoms of dehydration includes inflammation, sensitivity, tightness and diffused redness.
Nourishing ingredients supplement lipid requirements of the dry skin type. You will experience a comfortable, soothed and smoother skin, both to the eye and touch when using Jeunesse.
Weekly Skin Care Routines
A thick layer of dead skin cells can impair proper penetration of skin care products. Exfoliation removes some of the superficial dead skin cells from the stratum corneum, which is the outer most layer of the skin.
- Improves penetration of skin care products
- Improves micro-circulation in the skin
- The massage action improves blood circulation and therefore lymph drainage, oxygenation, hydration and nutrition
The skin which needs exfoliation:
- Appears blotchy
- Your make-up and foundation is blotchy and difficult to blend
- Your skin feels tight
- Your skin feels coarse to the touch
- You have a dry skin type
- You have breakouts
- Your skin appears lifeless and dull
Exfoliate your skin and follow-up with a mask. If this routine is too vigorous for your skin type, use your mask the day or so later.
Weekly intensive care treatments are necessary to keep the dry skin and ageing skin type in the best possible condition.
An extremely absorbing gel mask which densifies and compacts sagging skin and has a parallel long term effect increasing the synthesis of collagen. It is extremely moisturizing and is used with great success.
Disclaimer Notice – *Results vary from Client to Client*